To connect and use a Bluetooth device in the RmoniWeb App, please follow these steps:
- Step 1: Enable all necessary settings
- Step 2: Open the RmoniWeb App
- Step 3: Open the ‘Search of Bluetooth devices’ screen
- Step 4: Search and pair
- Step 5: Use and measure
- Step 6: Bluetooth settings
The steps will be explained below:
Step 1: Enable all necessary settings
Several options should be checked or enabled before a Bluetooth device can be found or connected. Please check the following items:
- RmoniWeb App has Bluetooth permissions
- RmoniWeb App has Location permissions (for Android device with an Android version lower than Android 12)
- Bluetooth is enabled on the device
- Location is enabled on the device (if using a device with an Android version lower than Android 12)
Step 2: Open the RmoniWeb App
Launch the RmoniWeb App. Make sure that the tenant is entered and that the user logs in with an user account that has the right permissions.
Step 3: Open the ‘Search of Bluetooth devices’ screen
The pop-up to link Bluetooth devices can be called up in different ways:
- Home screen: Press the Bluetooth tile
- Checklist overview: Press the Bluetooth icon on the top right of the screen
- Category overview: Press the Bluetooth icon on the top right of the screen
- Checklist: Press the Bluetooth icon shown at Temperature questions or %TPM questions
Step 4: Search and pair
Make sure the Bluetooth device is turned on (by activating it or folding it open) and is findable by other Bluetooth devices before performing this step. Press the button Click to scan for devices. The App will search a total of 5 seconds for nearby devices and will show all found devices after those 5 seconds.
Select the preferred device to establish the connection. The text Not connected will be replaced by the text Connected and a green check icon will be shown.
Step 5: Use and measure
Head over to a temperature question or %TPM question to start using the Bluetooth device. Press the button on the thermometer to send the measurement to the current question that is shown on the screen. Questions measured with Bluetooth are marked as being measured by a Bluetooth device in the Published checklist overview.
Step 6: Bluetooth settings
The Bluetooth settings can be changed within the App. Head over to Settings and then to Bluetooth settings. Bluetooth devices will typically turn off after some time (to save battery life). With the Bluetooth settings users are able to select how long the thermometer will be remembered after the Bluetooth device has been deactivated.
E.g., if it is set to 15 minutes, the device will be remember for 15 minutes after the device has been turned off. If the device is activated again with those 15 minutes, it will automatically connect again. During this period the Bluetooth device cannot be found by other mobile devices.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article